Job title: Senior Advocacy Manager
Type: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
The British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (Britcham Vietnam) is looking for a talented and energetic individual to fulfil the position of Senior Advocacy Manager in the Hanoi office.
- Job Responsibilities
Supporting the British Corporate Advocacy Counsel (BCAC) at Britcham Vietnam, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for supporting the BCAC from Hanoi. He/she will report directly to the Executive Director of Britcham Vietnam.
The main responsibilities of the role are set out below. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and a degree of flexibility will be required from the successful candidate.
- Job responsibilities relating to the BCAC
- Research on VN/UK advocacy matters to support the Executive Director, Britcham Board and the BCAC.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations at all levels with key Vietnamese ministries,
Government departments and the British Embassy.
- Arrange meetings and support relationship building between the BCAC and key ministries, including but not limited to: the Government Office, the National Assembly, the Central Bank, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Science & Technology, and the Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission.
- Plan and organize small- and medium-sized events to facilitate interaction between the BCAC and key external partners.
- Liaise with Britcham’s Vice Chairman, individual BCAC members and especially the Chairman on matters of interest/concern.
- Write and commission reports and research papers on topics as agreed with the Board and Executive Director.
- Prepare budget for BCAC annual activities and report to Britcham’s Executive Director.
- Provide regular as well as an annual report on activities for the BCAC members.
- Deliver other ad-hoc tasks assigned by Board members and the Executive Director.
- Prepare agenda and action notes for BCAC meetings and associated meetings and ensure follow up.
- Meet the targeted number of meetings and events organized for the BCAC board members. This is usually around 1 or 2 meetings/events per month as agreed in advance with the Chairman and the Executive Director of Britcham.
- Job responsibilities relating to the Vietnam Business Forum
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the successful engagement between Britcham Vietnam, BCAC and members of the Vietnam Business Forum (VBF). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following.
- Preparation and briefings for VBF meetings.
- Drafting of position papers for VBF Annual and Mid Term Forum meetings.
- Attend technical meetings co-hosted by VBF working groups and state agencies such as the GDT and GDC.
- Drafting of VBF briefing to post onto Britcham’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Act as first point of contact for the VBF secretariat on administration and meeting matters.
- Work closely with the Department for International Trade team as a whole and with the Trade Policy Officer in particular at the British Embassy on all the highlighted market access issues raised by UK businesses in Vietnam.
- Job responsibilities relating to the Britcham office in Hanoi
- The incumbent of this position will have some supervisory responsibilities of the team in Hanoi
- Work closely with Britcham’s Executive Director and act as senior point of contact for the Hanoi Office.
- Manage and lead on key activities taking place in Hanoi such as the fun run and corporate football competition as well as other Hanoi-based events.
- Provide briefings as required for distribution via Britcham’s Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Identify key Vietnamese emerging leaders with whom Britcham’s leaders can engage.
- Skills Required
The successful candidate will display the following skills and attributes.
– A confident manager with an extensive network with Chambers of Commerce as well as government ministries related to business and foreign affairs.
– An experienced researcher and communicator
– A team player, mentoring younger staff to develop their skillset.
– An advocacy lead with a minimum of -05 years experience in government relations management, as well as a background in international and Vietnamese laws and regulations and corporate policies.
– A great communicator with excellent Vietnamese and English language skills, both in written and spoken form.
– Sector knowledge in finance, education, and investment would be an advantage.
- Remuneration Package Dependent on experience of successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing why you are suitable for the job to Brian Bulloch at email [email protected] by 20th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.