About British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
The BritCham Vietnam represents British businesses in Vietnam and promotes value added links between its members as well as with its external stakeholders, which include the British community in Vietnam, the British government, the local community, other businesses in Vietnam and the Vietnamese government.
Background on the Business Centre (BC)
The BritCham Vietnam BC’s mission is to assist UK enterprises seeking to do business in Vietnam. It aims to maximise their knowledge and expertise to explore real business opportunities by offering a range of well-designed, bespoke, and timely services such as market information, sector specific research and trade events management and services support
Position Title: Event-Trade Intern
Line of Report: Business Services Manager, Trade Services Executive
Duration: Full-time 3 months (40 hours/ week from Monday to Friday)
- Event Organisation Support (70%)
Providing logistic and administrative support to the project leading organising BritCham Vietnam’s key events and activities, including but not limited to Fun Run, Football Tournament for Charity, business luncheons, trade missions, business seminars, workshops, product launches, webinars:
- Serving as liaisons with vendors on event-related matters (venue, catering, transportation, printing, etc.)
- Assisting in creating event collateral and outreach through social media channels and email blasts.
- Ad-hoc duties at events including, but not limited to, guest list management, guest welcoming, and working with on-site service providers to make sure the event runs smoothly.
. For online events: managing registration link, communicating with attendees (confirmation email, reminder email, follow-up email).
- Business Services Support (30%)
- Helping with producing market briefings and researching on trade information for market preliminary studies, business sectors and other relevant topics
- Identifying potential Vietnamese prospects and engaging them to introductory meeting with our OMIS customers
- Supporting with translation and interpretation when needed
- Assisting the Business Centre with organising and co-ordinating one-to-one business meetings, business visit programme, local introductions for trade mission and events
- Liaising with other team members to update pipeline database for OMIS enquiries, proposals, commissioned services, and Export Wins
- Supporting team members with administrative tasks
- On-the-job training and practical experience
- Working with high-profile partners, governments, and a progressive, dynamic team
- Network development across various industries
- Diplomatic/business meetings and events
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University student/graduate with a degree in Business Administration, Human Resource management, Marketing & Design, or other relevant majors
- Excellent written and spoken English (IELTS / TOEFL certification would be a plus)
- Strong Vietnamese language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently delivering high-quality results
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter to Toby Thieu (Mr.) at [email protected] by 5:00PM Monday 10thJanuary 2022. Written tests and interviews will be held online / in Ho Chi Minh City.