[Business Luncheon] Vietnam: Doing Business in 2023
February 10, 2023 11:30 am - February 10, 2023 1:30 pm
A report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on October 2022 highlighted many “headwinds” against the global and Vietnamese economies, while Vietnamese reports say GDP growth in 2022 of 8.03 % – the highest rate in the region and a regional and global bright spot, against few difficulties.
Join BritCham and EuroCham at the special luncheon to gain more insights on the development picture of Vietnam in 2022 and forecast the 2023 performance:
- Good control of exchange rate and inflation, significant trade surplus and what else are key drivers for the good economic performance of Viet Nam in 2022.
- Can high GDP growth be maintained in 2023 when the prospect of the global economic downturn is ahead, with reduced demand for exports from Viet Nam while there is not yet known if any improvement in the capital expenditure for infrastructures can be made? In addition, foreign reserves and a large number of lay off are also challenges for the policymakers in Vietnam in 2023.
- What are possible policies to overcome these challenges to realize sustainable economic recovery?
- Date: 11:30 – 13:30 | 10 February 2023
- Location: Melia Hotel, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Format: Business luncheon
- Members: 1,100,000 VND
- Non-members: 1,400,000 VND