Job title: Senior Advocacy Manager
Type: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
The British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (Britcham Vietnam) is looking for a talented and energetic individual to join the team in the position of Senior Advocacy Manager. The position would ideally be based in Hanoi, but for the right candidate could be based in Ho Chi Minh City.
BritCham Vietnam represents British businesses in Vietnam and promotes value added links between its members as well as with its external stakeholders, which include the British community in Vietnam, the British government, the local community, other businesses in Vietnam and the Vietnamese government.
Supporting the British Corporate Advocacy Counsel (BCAC) at Britcham Vietnam, He/she will report directly to the Executive Director of Britcham Vietnam.
The British Corporate Advocacy Council (BCAC) was formed in 2017, with a forward look to the post-Brexit business environment, as a forum for advocacy work on behalf of members and to provide a platform to frame Britcham Vietnam’s business advocacy policy.
The main responsibilities of the role are set out below. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and a degree of flexibility will be required from the successful candidate.
- Research on VN/UK advocacy matters to support the Executive Director, Britcham Board and the BCAC.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations at all levels with key Vietnamese ministries,Government departments and the British Embassy.
- Arrange meetings and support relationship building between the BCAC and key figures in such organisations as government ministries, the National Assembly,the Central Bank, and more.
- Plan and organize monthly events to facilitate interaction between the BCAC and key external partners.
- Write and commission reports and research papers on topics as agreed with the Board and Executive Director.
- Prepare the budget for BCAC annual activities and report to Britcham’s Executive Director.
- Provide regular as well as an annual reports on activities for the BCAC members.
- Prepare agenda and action notes for BCAC meetings and associated meetings and ensure follow up.
- Liaise with Britcham’s Vice Chairman, individual BCAC members and especially the Chairman on matters of interest/concern.
Job responsibilities relating to the Vietnam Business Forum
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the successful engagement between Britcham Vietnam, BCAC and members of the Vietnam Business Forum (VBF). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following.
- Preparation and briefings for VBF meetings.
- Drafting of position papers for VBF Annual and Mid Term Forum meetings.
- Attend technical meetings co-hosted by VBF working groups and state agencies such as the GDT and GDC.
- Drafting of VBF briefing to post onto Britcham’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Act as first point of contact for the VBF secretariat on administration and meeting matters.
- Work closely with the UK Department for International Trade team as a whole and with the Trade Policy Officer in particular at the British Embassy on all the highlighted market access issues raised by UK businesses in Vietnam.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and attributes.
- A strong communicator with a proven record of building and developing relationships.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in government relations management. A background in international and Vietnamese laws and regulations would be a definite benefit.
- Sector knowledge in finance, education, and investment would be an advantage.
- Strong sense of initiative, and a pro-active approach.
- Strong team player
Remuneration Package Dependent on experience of successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV and a covering letter addressing why you are suitable for the job to [email protected] by 28th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.